Alf Frithjof Kristiansen

Informasjonen om registrerte krigsseilere er ikke nødvendigvis fullstendig. Eksempelvis vil mønstringer og utmerkelser for enkelte sjøfolk bli registrert senere, ettersom nye kilder blir gjennomgått.


7. desember 1909




Norge flaggNorge





Relasjon til fylke


Har stillinger

Kjente utdannelser



  • Deltok i 2. verdenskrig
  • Shetlandsgjengen. Heltene i Nordsjøen, s. 401:
    Innlemmet i Shetlandsgjengen: 14.2.1945, nr. c242.
    Antall turer: -
    Overført annen virksomhet: 11.5.1945.

    The National Archives, Kew, HS 9/863/5:

    "In February 1940 he was sent to Hammar to work on the installation of three lifts. He was there on 9.4.40 when he heard on the radio of the invasion. In answer to the radio appeal he set off for Oslo in mid-day in a car driven by another employee of the Company [Kristian Wisbeck], Haakon NORSETT. He went to the place specified in the radio appeal to report for naval duty, but found everything in confusion and was told by officials to leave. The next day he went to his office and asked for instructions. He was told to wait a few days until things settled down.

    On the 11.4.40 he saw a number of naval ratings marching through the streets as German prisoners, and therefore decided that it was no use trying to offer his services to the Norwegian Navy.

    On the 12.4.40 he again went to the office and was told he could continue to work. He remained with his firm until January 12th 1941".

    "It was at this time [Autumn 1941] that orders were issued that all seamen should report to the Marine offices. Realising that he would probably have to go to sea if he did not get some sort of job ashore, he went to the Labour Office and took a job as a labourer for Højer ELVESEN. He was sent with about 25 others to Langesten where they were put to work in connection with submarine building. KRISTIANSEN's work was that of a labourer. He did not like conditions there, but as he had no money to return to Oslo, he went to Størdal to try to get work on the aerodrome. He failed, and for several days had to sleep out in barns until he got employment for a man called ARMESSEN at Brekestad. He was employed in turf-cutting and remained for four weeks until he had sufficiend money to return to Oslo.

    He arrived in October, and went to the Labour Exchange for a job. He was sent to the Marine Office, however, and told that he would have to get a ship. He then waited for five months because shipping was delayed by ice. During this time he lived at home and was supported by his father.

    Finally, in February [1942], he was signed on the "TRIANON" as one of the skeleton maintenance crew. In March a full crew was taken on and the ship sailed for Rotterdam, picking up a convoy at Kristiansand. The ship made its way to Rotterdam, remaining for a fortnight, and then sailing for Norway with a cargo of coal.

    On the way to Rotterdam KRISTIANSEN had noticed that the boat anchored close to the Swedish coast at night time, and it had occured to him that it would be easy to get ashore. During their stay in Rotterdam he had been ashore on a number of occassions and had talked about getting to England."

    An account follows in the documents of how Kristiansen managed to get to Sweden. Then "While in Bolmen he received a letter from the Naval Attach at Stockholm asking him if he was prepared to go to England to serve in the Navy as they badly needed electricians. He accepted this offer, and on the 16.6.42 he was ordered to Stockholm. [...] Port of arrival: 15.8.42 Leuchars ex Aircraft G-AGDD."


    «Shetlandsgjengen. Heltene i Nordsjøen», Asgeir Ueland, 2017.

    The National Archives, Kew, HS 9/863/5